Terms & ConditionsTerm of Service
The Fulton County Poet Laureate shall serve a two-year term which may be extended for up to an additional three-years.
Who May Apply
Fulton County Arts & Culture encourages all eligible candidates to self-nominate and for other members of the public to nominate eligible candidates. Poets of all subgenres and styles will be considered.
All Fulton County Poet Laureate nominees must:
Recommendation letters are not appropriate and will not be considered.
Failure to provide all required materials results in automatic ineligibility.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at the time of nomination
- Have been a Fulton County resident for at least 3 years prior to the nomination deadline and remain a resident throughout the poet laureate term
- Must be committed to bringing poetry to a wide range of places and people
- Must be able and available to reach Fulton County audiences through travel or other means
- Provide evidence of achievement in the art of poetry, including having a body of publicly accessible work (books, literary magazines, and/or social media)
- Must be prepared to assume the public role required of the poet laureate
- If the nomination is not by the poet, a statement verifying that the nominator has contacted the nominated poet and that the poet has reviewed the expectations of the position and agrees to the nomination
All nominations, including self-nominations, should be submitted via the online application form at https://fcacpoet.artcall.org by 11:59 p.m
. eastern time on the submission deadline.
Previous or Current State of Georgia Poet Laureates are ineligible to apply or be nominated
Fulton County Employees, Contractors or advisory board members are ineligible to apply or be nominated
All entries become the property of Fulton County Arts & Culture and may be used to promote the Literary Arts initiative.
Artists agree to allow promotional publicity of submitted works.
Submission of a nomination does not create a contract between the submitter and Fulton County.
This call has agreed to ArtCall.org Terms & Conditions