Application Submission Package
The following four items are required as part of each nomination
- A completed nomination form via the online nomination process. The online form will include:
(a) Contact information for the nominator and the nominated poet, including mailing address, phone numbers and e-mail address, and
(b) If the nomination is not by the poet, a statement verifying that the nominator has contacted the nominated poet and that the poet has reviewed the expectations of the position and
agrees to the nomination.
- Biographical sketch, résumé or curriculum vitae, not to exceed one page, which includes any special honors, awards, fellowships, or other recognition
- The submission should consist of a Work Sample (published or unpublished) of up to 3 poems, not to exceed 5 pages, with no more than one poem per page. The work sample may be written or audio. If written work, the sample must include a cover sheet with name and a list of poetry titles and content. The work sample may contain information that indicates where the poem has been published or performed or if it has received any awards for merit. The poems submitted should be of the highest quality and can be from any time period.
- If you submit an audio work sample of up to 3 poems instead of a written one, you may also submit a transcript of the poem(s) performed, not to exceed 5 pages as stated above.
- A narrative, not to exceed two (2) pages, describing
(a) Why the nominee wishes to be considered,
(b) What the nominee would hope to accomplish during the two years as the Fulton County Poet Laureate, and
(c) The theme to be explored during the initial year of service and ideas for any special projects related to the position.
*Please note that the items specified in Sections 2, 3 and 4 above must be in 12-point font, with 1" margins on all sides, and formatted to fit 8 1/2" x 11" paper (no photocopies from publications will be accepted).
Recommendation letters are not appropriate and will not be considered
Failure to provide all required materials results in automatic ineligibility